Teeth Whitening in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Teeth Whitening With Lasers
- Are your teeth looking dull and yellow?
- Are you not happy with the color of your teeth?
- Do you have stains on your teeth that do not go away with brushing?
Tooth whitening is a very effective way of lightening the natural color of your teeth without the removal of any tooth structure. It cannot cause a complete color change but it may lighten the existing shade of your teeth. Here are a few indications for this procedure:
- As age advances, the teeth can get discolored and darker
- Tough stains due to consumption of food and drinks like tea, coffee, wine etc.
- Staining due to different medications like tetracyclines, antihistamines etc.
The procedure of tooth whitening usually involves use of substances with an active ingredient of ‘hydrogen peroxide’. There are two types of tooth whitening procedures:
- In-office bleaching where the dentist performs the procedure
- At-home bleaching where the patient can use certain products for bleaching.
A new technique in dentistry is called ʻLaser whiteningʼ or ʻPower whiteningʼ. In this procedure, the following steps are performed and it lasts for one hour:
- The rubber dam is placed over the teeth to protect the gums from the bleaching product
- The bleaching product is then painted onto your teeth
- The laser light is used on the teeth to activate the chemical
- The laser light speeds up the reaction of the whitening product
- The color change can be achieved quickly and results show up to 5-6 shades lighter
The results of this procedure can last up to 3 years but it varies according to the individual. Please refrain from smoking and over-consumption of food/drinks that stain the teeth. For a healthy white and shiny smile, book an appointment with Dr Niraj Shah or Dr Megha Shah of Smile360 Family Dentistry.