Root Canal Treatment In
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Do you have severe pain because of your tooth?
- Do you have a broken tooth?
- Is your tooth having decay and food is getting stuck in it?
All those signs point that you require a root canal treatment to save the tooth that is broken, decayed or infected.
Root canal treatment includes the following phases:
- Dental X-ray will be taken to check the location and depth of decay or fracture
- Local anesthesia will be administered to the affected tooth. Contrary to the popular belief, root canal treatment is no more painful than a dental filling when adequate anesthesia is achieved.
- Pulpectomy is done through an opening in the tooth and the diseased tooth pulp is removed.
- Filling like gutta percha is placed inside the root canals and the opening in the tooth is sealed off using a cement.
- A dental crown is then placed onto the root-canal treated tooth for enabling its function as a normal tooth.
A root-canal treated and restored tooth can last a lifetime when treated with proper care. Here are a few ways to take care of your teeth after a root canal treatment:
- Practice good oral hygiene by brushing twice in a day and flossing at least once.
- Avoid chewing on hard and sticky foods as it may dislodge/break the crowned tooth.
- Visit the dentist regularly for dental examination and professional cleaning.
Toothaches should ‘NOT’ be ignored and we urge you to visit a dentist immediately. Drop in at Smile360 Family Dentistry and have a consultation with Dr Niraj Shah or Dr Megha Shah for an expert take on root canal treatment procedure and guidelines.