Halitosis / Bad Breath In Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Do you have bad breath even after tooth brushing?
- Is a mouth freshener not able to control your bad breath?
- Do you lack confidence because of bad breath?
Scientific studies show that 50% of the adults suffer from bad breath at some point in their lives. If you have that not-so-fresh feeling on a date, job interview or while talking to friends, visit your dentist immediately. Here are some of the causes of bad breath:
- Bacteria can live in the moist environment in your mouth and can leave waste products that can cause bad breath.
- Saliva is necessary for the cleansing of your mouth. Dry mouth can lead to a not-so-clean mouth resulting in bad breath.
- Bad breath or bad taste in your mouth that do not go away on brushing can be signs of advanced periodontal (gum) disease.
- Breath-offending foods like garlic, onion, and coffee are sure to induce bad breath.
- Smoking stains your tooth and leaves you with a foul breath.
- Medical conditions like diabetes, kidney disease, gastric reflux, and many others can leave you with a bad breath.
How can I keep bad breath away?
- Brushing twice a day along with flossing
- The tongue coating must be removed with a tongue scraper regularly
- Mouthwashes can be used to kill the bad-breath producing bacteria
- Clean your dentures so that bacteria cannot grow on them
- Make sure to keep the saliva flowing by chewing sugar-free gums or sucking sugar-free candies
- Quit smoking
- Visit your dentist regularly
If you are concerned about what is causing your bad breath, get an assessment done at Smile360 Family Dentistry as regular check-ups are of paramount importance to treat bad breath.