Dental Examination and Cleaning In Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Maintaining oral hygiene at home is essential to keep your teeth and gums in a healthy shape. However, the importance of regular dental checkups cannot be denied. Over the passage of time, food debris and oral bacteria accumulate to form plaque deposits around your teeth and gums. Although they can be removed by brushing, some plaque deposits harden into a more stubborn form called calculus. This cannot be removed by brushing alone and requires professional help. As a part of preventive dental care, Smile360 Family Dentistry provides comprehensive dental examination and cleaning in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. If you have noticed any concerning oral symptoms, contact us at (909) 980-4878 to book an appointment today with our board-certified dentists.
What to Expect During a Dental Visit?
Whether you visit us for the first time or walk in for a regular checkup, we will first perform a detailed oral exam to determine the health of your teeth and gums. If we notice plaque, tartar, or stains on your teeth, we will recommend professional cleaning to prevent further risks. The entire dental examination and cleaning process in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, is simple and fairly easy to follow. It will take a single visit, but we may schedule you for another appointment if necessary.
Before proceeding with a dental examination and cleaning in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, our dentists will record your dental and medical history. We will perform a detailed oral exam using special dental instruments.
- We will examine your teeth, gums, and surrounding tissues to catch early signs of a disease, if present.
- Additionally, we will perform a periodontal exam to assess the risk of gum diseases or bone loss.
- Our dentists will also take dental x-rays of certain teeth or areas that need attention.
- Our dental evaluation also includes oral cancer screening, in which we will assess your lips, tongue, throat, and other regions of mouth for signs of oral cancer.
Professional dental cleaning helps to restore the optimum state of your teeth and gums. For this process, we will use an ultrasonic scaler to remove plaque and tartar deposits around your teeth. Although an anesthetic is not needed, we will offer sedation anesthesia if you have sensitive teeth or gums. The benefits of dental cleaning are:
- Removes stubborn plaque and tartar buildup
- Reduces gum inflammation and the risk of periodontal disease
- Eliminates external stains on the surface of your teeth
- Polishes your teeth with a gritty paste for a smooth, shiny finish