Dental Crowns And Bridges In Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Have you recently undergone a dental extraction?
- Do you have a broken or decayed tooth?
- Do you have misshapen or crooked tooth?
- Do you have gaps because of missing teeth?
- Are there missing tooth/teeth in your mouth?
You may require prosthesis known as ʻcrownʼ and ʻbridgeʼ to solve your above-mentioned tooth problems. A crown is a ʻcapʼ that fits over a damaged/decayed/unattractive tooth. A ʻbridgeʼ can entirely replace a missing tooth. The steps that go into a crown/bridge procedure include:
- In the first visit, local anesthesia is administered for the tooth/teeth to be reduced.
- Preparation of the tooth/teeth involves recontouring by removing a portion of enamel to allow space for the crown to be placed on them.
- Impressions are made which serve as a model for the crown/bridge to be prepared and they are sent to the dental lab.
- The dentist prepares a temporary crown/bridge to cover the exposed teeth and gums.
- During the second visit, the final crown/bridge is cemented onto the tooth structure using bonding cement.
The benefits of a dental crown or bridge include:
- Restore your smile
- Restore the ability to chew or speak properly
- Maintains the shape of the face
- Prevents remaining teeth from moving into the space of the missing tooth/teeth
- Distributes the force in your bite equally among all teeth
- Brush twice a day, use a floss, and antiseptic mouthwash in order to help prevent decay and gum disease.
- Your dentist or dental hygienist will demonstrate how to properly brush if you have been following an incorrect technique.
- A balanced diet for proper nutrition is also important.
Visit our team of dentists from Smile360 Family Dentistry for dental crown/bridge work and they will be able to guide you after clinical examination and prepare for your needs.