Complete Dentures In Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Have you undergone extraction of all your teeth?
- Do you find chewing and eating food to be difficult?
- Is your face sagging because of no teeth in the mouth?
A denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. There are two types of dentures: i) Complete denture and ii) Partial denture. A complete denture is used when all the teeth are missing. There are two types of complete dentures:
- Immediate denture is made soon after the extraction of all the teeth and the gums have begun to heal.
- Conventional denture gives a healing time for the tissues of about 8-12 weeks after the extraction of all the teeth, following which the denture is placed.
Here are some of the pros and cons of the different types of dentures
- The immediate dentures, unlike the conventional dentures, are made in advance and can be placed as soon as the teeth are removed from the mouth.
- The wearer does not have to be without teeth during the healing period of the tissues.
- However, there will be shrinkage of bones and gums during the healing period that can alter the fit of the immediate dentures.
- So, an immediate denture should be considered as a temporary prosthesis until conventional dentures are fabricated.
- Do not worry about a tooth-less smile anymore. Book an appointment with Dr Niraj Shah/Dr Megha Shah at Smile360 Family Dentistry for your denture solutions.