Dental Anxiety Treatment in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Do you feel scared or nervous before going to a dentist? If yes, then you are not alone. Dental anxiety or odontophobia (fear of dentists) is a common issue that stops many people from getting routine dental checkups or treatments. Dentists at Smile360 Family Dentistry understand this concern, and for this reason, we offer dental anxiety treatment in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, before every procedure. Our main aim is to provide you and your loved ones with a relaxing, stress-free dental care experience. So if you have any dental concerns, call us at (281) 350-5600 to book an appointment with our trained dentists.
What is Dental Anxiety?
Dental anxiety or dental phobia is when patients feel a debilitating fear of dentists or dental treatments. Although many patients with dental phobia are aware that it is an irrational fear, like in the case of other phobias, but they are unable to manage it. Almost everyone has mild dental anxiety before getting a dental treatment; however, people with dental phobia may experience extreme panic at the prospect of a dental visit.
Some common signs of dental anxiety include:
- Feeling panicked or scared before going to a dentist
- Delaying treatment due to fear unless extreme pain occurs
- Being nervous while waiting in a dentist’s office
- Feeling uneasy at the thought of a dentist checking inside the mouth with dental instruments
- Difficulty sleeping at night before a dentist’s appointment
- Having physical manifestations of dental anxiety
If you suffer from mild to moderate anxiety, our skillful dentists can address it with dental anxiety treatment in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. In case of severe anxiety, it is better to refer to a therapist for proper treatment.
Causes of Dental Anxiety
Many children and adults have some degree of fear regarding dentists or dental treatments. Multiple factors can contribute to it, although some of the well-known factors are:
- Bad past dental experience
- Fear of needles (or feeling scared before getting injected with local anesthesia)
- Buzzing or drilling sounds from dental machines
- Prospect of pain during treatment
- Feeling embarrassed about having poor oral hygiene or bad breath
The presence of one or more of these factors can escalate dental anxiety. We urge our patients to be open about their worries as we firmly believe that communication is paramount to building a healthy dentist-patient relationship. It is one of our key methods for dental anxiety treatment in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
Managing Dental Anxiety
The first step to coping with dental fear or anxiety is to find a compassionate dentist who doesn’t dismiss your concerns. Our esteemed dental experts, Dr. Niraj Shah and Dr. Megha Shah prioritize your comfort and satisfaction. Our dentists will provide a comfortable space to discuss your issues without hesitation or embarrassment. We employ different techniques for dental anxiety treatment in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, which include:
- A welcoming dental office with a calming atmosphere.
- Patient-friendly staff who are willing to help at any given instance.
- Personalized headphones that play your favorite music to alleviate anxiety.
- Guiding the procedure beforehand so you feel assured.
- Using the latest dental equipment and painless injection techniques
- Aromatherapy to help you relax during treatment
Get Relaxing Dental Care with Anxiety Treatment in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Delaying treatment because of dental anxiety may worsen complications. Contact us today to learn more about dental anxiety treatment in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. We assure a comfortable dental experience for you and your family!